Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lena - The First Fifty Years

When my partner Lena turned fifty I made this film for her. The time of our meeting and our family life was easy to depict. But her earlier life was more difficult. Luckily both she and I have excellent relations to her exes. So from these good contacts over the years I gathered a lot of what went on.
Technically speaking: I filmed with a camcorder, zooming and panning right into Lena’s photo album. The sound effects at our first child’s birth come from a cassette tape that I managed to operate despite the commotion.
After much labour laid down on the project it felt reassuring that the “film” was so well received by the party guests. We were about sixty who celebrated in Lena’s Art classroom on the top floor of her school.

No comments:

Post a Comment