Saturday, January 25, 2014

Out In The Cold: Photo-Walks At Wintertime

Almost any day, but especially on weekends, I need to go out for a walk. For fresh air. For some new pictures. Some camera is always along. Often I only feel comfortable with a small compact. Especially at wintertime. Cold winds blowing. Eyes go watery. Better to keep equipment handling to a minimum. Lens changes with stale fingers have too often been a real show-stopper. And I think I feel less of an intruder with a small camera. Plus there is a challenge: It can be done, it's not easy, but you can achieve a picture quality one normally expects from more advanced cameras. I have some myself. But I still like to "press" them with a compact.


On this little outing to the Gothenburg suburb of Billdal I actually had a camera bag with SLRs along. But I left them alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment