Tuesday, May 20, 2014

In Memory Of George Harrison: The Azalea Oasis

The month of May is blooming time in the Azalea Valley, a narrow section of a much larger park in Gothenburg. Colors, both vivid and subdued, arouse the senses, supported by a fragrance that entices but never overwhelmes.

After an intense picture taking effort in the Valley it often happens that I get exhausted with photography and stretch out on a rock, either listening to the birds and bees, or to exotic music in the earphones. And a feeling comes over me: I have arrived, I reached the goal,  I just don't want to leave this place anymore, ever!

I haven't been to India, but my sentiments always drift in that direction when in the Azalea Valley. Somehow I consider the Valley as a sort of exclave from a different part of the world. And often a great bridge-builder between the East and the West comes to mind, George Harrison. As "Beatle" he was teenage idol around the world, but eventually he became respected for his own musical creation, for his insights and his spiritual courage. Reportedly, he was no saint, but he used his gifts to actively support people in need and great danger.

Music by George Harrison and The Radha Krishna Temple, London


To go back to the blog after full screen viewing: Press "Esc" button on the keyboard or click on the "Exit full screen" symbol in the film's toolbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment