Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Rainman...

Not a new situation: I lived in rainy cities before. So, here I am again, in a rain that seems to take over for good.
Once upon a time, during a longer period in between jobs, I learned to live with rain. To become friends with it. It is possible! Of course it's a matter of proper clothing. But most of all of a slight mental adjustment. Unfortunately, this adjustment has to be discovered again and again. It just won't stay. And it don't come easy...
As a "photographer" I may have a little advantage in effecting this adjustment. It is common photographic knowledge that bad weather opens opportunities for interesting and slightly unusual pictures. At least in theory. The practical problems with sensitive equipment so rudely threatened by unkind elements can overwhelm the lure of potential success. And I haven't seen many fellow picture takers on my occasional meanderings underneath those weather fronts.
Be it as it may, here are few pics from a particular day, March 2nd, 2015 in our city. I was heading for my daughters place, normally taking about twenty minutes, and then back home after an hour or so. It rained all the time. Not a torrential downpour. No coastal gusts fiercely driving the wetness about. Which wouldn't be too uncommon in our parts either. It was a benign rain, leaving countless drops glistening on calm branches on this rather enjoyable late afternoon.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment